Peopletools 8.51 provides a new feature which allows users to quickly access the additional information of an Employee/Applicant by just mouse hovering on name of that employee.
PeopleSoft provides the flexibility to configure this mouse over popup page in a way that is useful for users and user groups within the organization. It can be used to set up a popup page that includes employee information such as a picture, job title, department, supervisor's name, and work location. Or, when performing certain business processes, it would be beneficial to have a popup page that includes contact information, such as an email for an employee or applicant. An email address can be associated with an icon by clicking on which it initiates an email notification, an address icon which navigates to Google maps.
- Quick Access to additional information of an Employee/Applicant without navigating away.
- While accessing the job data component if benefit selections of that employee is displayed as a pop up page it will be beneficial for the administrator.
- While accessing the Absence management components it’s advantageous to view the holiday schedule of the employee.
- The email id of the employee is displayed on the Pop up and clicking on which , initiates an email
- The contact address of the employee is displayed on the pop up and clicking on which navigates to Google maps to locate the address
The configurations for the Mouse over Popup are simple with 3 steps:
Step1: Mouse Over Field Definition
Navigation: Main Menu -> Set Up HCM -> Common Definitions -> Mouse Over Popup -> Mouse Over Field Definition
Used to define mouse over popup fields and supporting fields that will be available in the Mouse Over Page Design component and can be used with the mouse over popup page.
Step2: Mouse Over Page Definition
Navigation: Main Menu -> Set Up HCM -> Common Definitions -> Mouse Over Popup -> Mouse Over Page Definition
Used to create the mouse over page designs by defining the fields for the first column and second column.
Step 3:Mouse Over Component Setup
Navigation: Main Menu -> Set Up HCM -> Common Definitions -> Mouse Over Popup -> Mouse Over Component Setup.
In the component set up specify the popup type and mouse over ID for the components to utilize the feature.
The components for which the mouse over pop up feature needs to be enabled can be associated with a Mouse Over ID, and can be used as per need.
§ Each column can display only 7 fields.
§ When the employee’s picture is included on the mouse over popup page, the image will display in column 1 and no other fields will appear in that column.
§ Only a set of limited fields are available for display in the mouse over page. Others can be added by making customizations.
§ Not compatible with mobile applications.
Kovaion -Peoplesoft Consulting Practice